Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Anyone else have a washing machine which does NOT filter the debris (dog hair etc) that comes off th

I'm told that the "new" machines (my brand new Maytag) do not have filters like older models did (my 1992 GE). End result is the clothes wash in their own debris (lint, dog hair, leaves etc). That debris then STAYS in the machine %26amp; swishes around with the next load!! You have to wipe out the washer between loads %26amp; it's impossible to get it all out. Example: I washed a small area rug (after shaking out loose debris) and was left with a mess in the washer. The "pro's" at Maytag say that is now normal for washers! I've never had this happen in the 20 years I've been washing clothes! Am I alone on this one??? Thanks for taking the time........



Anyone else have a washing machine which does NOT filter the debris (dog hair etc) that comes off the clothes?

This is exactly the reason I don't replace my 10 year old machines with the new high efficiency models. We have 2 little white, long haired Eskies that leave their hair on everything. My wonderful neighbor invested in new machines only to discover that they did not install filters in her machines, either. We washed garments covered in hair in her machine, which came out looking about like when they went in and took those we garments to my house, rewashed them in my machines and they came out virtually hair free. No my friend, you are not out of your mind, the new machines are an expensive dog hair nightmare



Anyone else have a washing machine which does NOT filter the debris (dog hair etc) that comes off the clothes?

Use liquid fabric softener in the rinse. That loosens these things and what's left on the clothes comes off in the dryer. Works every time I add fabric softener to the rinse



Anyone else have a washing machine which does NOT filter the debris (dog hair etc) that comes off the clothes?

I didn't know any washers had a "lint" trap filter. None of mine ever have had - just my dryers.

No comments:

Post a Comment