Wednesday, October 7, 2009

For short-hair dog owners?

Do you take your dog on trips to the groomers, or do you just give him a wipe down with a Quick Bath wipe? Why?



I do that, and it gets the job done. I also brush his teeth instead of waiting two hours for Petco to finish up. I'd probably just send him over for a nail clippin', though. Lolz.



For short-hair dog owners?

Bathe your dog when needed, you can use the wet doggy wipes for quick clean ups. For shedding the zoom groom works GREAT, they get a massage and you get all the loose hair off of them. Highly recommended!



For short-hair dog owners?

You don`t need to take a short haired dog to the groomers, you can look after him yourself. Even the nail clipping, if you make sure he does plenty of walking on pavements his nails shouldn`t need clipping. Short haired dogs need brushing regularly.



A long haired dog - one that doesn`t shed haired however, is probably best took to a groomers every 8-12 weeks.



For short-hair dog owners?

I wipe them down with a wet towel. I don't like things that you have to throw away, I like the to wash things, rather than fill up the landfill... A wet towel removes any dust and loose hair.. Quick brush with the rubber brush and they are good as new.



For short-hair dog owners?

i take mine to the groomers once a year, right before winter.



They hike and swim all summer, so any dirt and mud get swashed off that way.



So before winter i let the groomers do a good scrubbing, ear cleaning and nail clipping.



I could do the ears and nails, but i say, pick your battles..... my dogs only need the clipping maybe twice a year, as we walk so much. And they don't like it. I could make them sit through it, sure, but i really don't feel like it when there is someone whose job it is to do just that.



I don't brush teeth, my dogs eat raw meaty bones, and have the "cleanest teeth i have seen anywhere" says my vet.



For short-hair dog owners?

Go to your local pet shop %26amp; ask which is the best brush/comb for grooming, then use it weekly or more often. You can also clip the nails yourself, just cut beyond the quick. The pet shop should be able to instruct you on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment