Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My dog has serious hair problems!! Please help!!?

Okay, I need some serious help. My dogs hair is always



a. matted



or



b. knotted.



We brush her everyday. She has long , fluffy hair. She just got her ears shaved off because they were matted. What should I do? Help!!



What I don't need is someone telling me I don't take care of her, because I do, and I know that!



I just brushed her for half an hour trying to get the knots out and it didn't help. I got about half of them out.



I don't need any thing rude, maybe just some brushing tips and stuff.



Thanks!



My dog has serious hair problems!! Please help!!?

Here are a few suggestions:



1. cut her hair short. Just because her breed is a long-haired breed, that doesn't mean that she can't have a short and sassy hair-cut! :) It'll be easier to care for, and she'll probably be more comfortable than having to endure daily tangle/mat removal.



2. take her to a professional groomer and let them work their magic on her. They have techniques and products that can help resist matting.



3. go to the local PetSmart and ask the groomers there what they would recommend. They're usually pretty helpful when it comes to directing you to the right dog brushes, shampoos, and conditioners to help keep your dog's coat shiny and mat-free.



My dog has serious hair problems!! Please help!!?

You don't say what kind of dog you have and you say you "had her ears shaved off", not exactly good communication skills geared to get polite answers.



Take her to a groomer (I assume your poor dog still has ears, if not, take her to a vet).



Watch what the groomer does to get some idea as to how to keep your dog's coat from getting into such a bad state.



My dog has serious hair problems!! Please help!!?

I agree that tips from a professional groomer might be helpful.



Now, while I normally don't suggest such things, you might want to find a conditioner for your dog's fur so it won't tangle and mat so easily. I'm sure your dog and you would appreciate the difference.



Good luck!



My dog has serious hair problems!! Please help!!?

I would use some good dog hair conditioner after baths, but knots always tighten up after you give them a bath so first I would use a good spray on leave in conditioner and spray each knot and gently try to brush it out (the matts will have to be cut off). Try spraying with the conditioner every time you brush the dogs hair. Try to get it as good as possible then cut off anything you were not able to get untangled, then you may have to give or get your dog a shorter haircut for her to look right (get rid of the gaps in the hair). After the haircut I would immediately start using both conditioners. Good luck!



My dog has serious hair problems!! Please help!!?

I have the same issues so it's not just you!



I find there are 2 options



1. take them to the groomer (or do it yourself) about every 2 months.



2. get a really good shampoo and conditioner to lessen the knots.



My dog has serious hair problems!! Please help!!?

please email me with the breed and if possible a picture I am a professional groomer and might be able to help



kathy_decaprio@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment