Monday, July 27, 2009

Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

I am looking for an EFFECTIVE way to limit or get rid of entirely all the dog hair my dog is depositing from the source. He is a yellow lab and i took him to a groomer to brush him for a long time to get rid of the hair but he still sheds like mad. Is there something I can do:? Getting rid of him is not an option and yellow labs look retarded shaved!



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

Get the grooming tool I just bought for my dogs the "Furminator" It really, really works. It's the best comb/grooming tool I've used bar none! You don't want hair everywhere, so you'll have to groom your dog -- every day for a while, and then once a week. They shed. If you can afford it, hardwood flooring works, and leather furniture. PetSmart sells the "Furminator," or you can buy it online.



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

Vacuum every other day. That's the best you can do. You will have to realize that it's summer %26amp; dogs tend to shed a lot more in the summer. If you hate it, can you imagine how hot they must be feeling?



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

Groom him daily.



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

You will have to vacuum every day and use a lint brush.That's the only thing to do besides having a retarded-looking dog.Might be better for him to look like a tard than for you to have dog hair dripping off of your clothes.



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

Either Comb him every day or vaccum your house or sweep the hair every day that's what I do.Nothing else you can do really honest %26amp; I have a few long haired dogs so I know the feeling



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

Keep him outside or brush him ALOT. Or both. You can try vacuuming everyday and dusting.



LOL



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

brush him every day and run the sweeper every day.



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

not really. they keep more cool in the summer. but also... you may need to purchase a lint-roller or they have a new thing on tv which u brush ur dog and it gos and collects all shedding.



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

My dog (he's also a yellow lab) has the exact same problem but I still haven't found a solution. What I do use is a lint brush, it's really effective, just pass it through a shirt or the sofa and all the hair is gone. Also, try this link http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgaze...



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

well if it was me.. i would shave him.... not short but enough so he won't leave any hair around.. I know alot of people that does that.. I know cause i groom animals



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

Diet and stress can play a role...what are you feeding? Adding omega-fatty acids to the diet may help skin and coat. I also know dogs shed more under stress or after they are freshly bathed. Or, just like some people...some individuals shed more than others naturally.



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

excessive sheeding can be caused by many things. How's your dogs nutrition? Is he getting enough vitamins %26amp; minerals?



Shedding is also totaly natural. Every mammal sheds. Esp. in the summer.



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

if it bothers you that bad get a dyson(a vaccum) %26amp; use it daily,, a furmanater(deshedding tool) their is even supplements you can get at pet shops for less shedding i use flax seed oil and fish oil for my 3 dogs , get the 3M filters for your a/c unit too other wise shave it. it's expensive and a lot of work to own a lab.



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

I have right now on my table a bag of "deShedding treats" and it's brand name is FURminator Net wt .12 oz (340g).Instructions on the bag. Cost $14.00.



It's been a week now since I've been giving this to my Jack Russell Terrier and MinPin and it WORKS!!



You can buy this at Petsmart.



I hope it works with your Lab.



Jofel67



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

Vacuum



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

You think that's bad....try three Labs.



My advise is get use to a vacuum,



And Bushing at least 2 - 3 times a week.



And yes - labs look retarded shaved.



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

i recently bought a brush made by bamboo which is similar to the ferminator, but a lot less expensive (fermanator $60, bamboo brush $15) it is called a shedding blade or something like that. it works fantastically at pulling out the under coat. also try putting him on a better food like nutro natural choice, that will reduce shedding and make his coat shiny.



edit: i checked the name of that brush today, its called a de-shedding tool



Dog hair everywhere!! What can I do?

Vacuum! + brush daily, outdoors if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment