Monday, July 27, 2009

My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

He is four years old, and my room, my clothes, even me are full of hair !



I washed him yesterday trying to fix that problem.



And it got worst !



At least my floor has a new dog-hair carpet ! lol



What can i do ?



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

Boy how I understand this. We have two dogs and a cat and they are all shedding too. I am starting to get this under control by brushing them each day. I try and do them each about 30 min. some times they just do not want to sit still for that long. I do have different brushes so that they do not get sore from just one type.



By the way do not bother buying that bounce dryer sheet product that says it will repel the hair. Does not work. I still end up looking like a walking carpet. lol



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

it is sheding hair



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

Which breed is your dog? Some of them just shed a lot. Anyway, you should have the vet take a look at Fido. Maybe there is something which can clear the problem up, perhaps a simple as a brushing every day or five. :)



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

Washing a dog will loosen the dead hair and make it look like you've got an even worse shedding problem. Groom your dog regularly -- both washing and brushing.



If he's got bald patches, he's losing too much hair. Otherwise, it's probably just normal, depending upon the breed.



If you remain concerned, talk with your vet about how to cut down on the shedding.



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

Depending on the breed (which you don't mention) you can try brushing him 2-3 times a day. That should help a lot! Besides that there is not much you can do since they tend to shed their undercoats etc. pretty constantly...



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

This is the time of year when dog's start loosing their winter coat. Just give your dog a good bath and the brush it (even if it short haired) How ever do not bathe your dog too often, because it could cause the to have dry skin which would make them itch a lot. Hope this helps.



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

It's normal after bathing a shedding dog for the hair to come loose and appear as though it got worse. You just helped your dog shed out faster. Brush, Brush, Brush. Also a good food will help minimize the shedding problem. I distribute a good food called Flint River check it out www.frrco.com/122135. Whenever you feed your dog or cat chemicals and preservatives...which is usually in all of your store bought foods..These chemicals and by-products are unhealthy for our pets and make them shed more, among other things. But don't worry too much this is shedding season.



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

it could just be shedding! Some dogs shed a lot! Try and look if his skin looks irritated. Maybe you should bring him to the vet! They have stuff that is supposed to help with shedding that you can buy in stores.



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

www.nextdaypets.com



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

perfectly normal..



its called shedding = ]



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

Well it is the begining of the summer and hot weather (at least around where I am) and this means your dog will be shedding more than usual. I'm curious to what breed of dog you have, but regardless of breed grooming (when done properly) can solve the problem. My lab shepherd mix and my aussie mix shed alot, so I take them into a local groomer that offers self-service bathing. I blow dry my dog with a force air dryer before I put them in the tub to remove a majority of the loose hair. I then bath them really good, making sure that there is no shampoo left in them. (shampoo left in can cause dry flakey skin and itching) When I am done bathing I blow dry them again to remove more of the loose hair. When the dog is completely dry, then and only then, should you brush them out. Brushing them when they are wet can cause the hair to break.



If this doesn't work, talk to a local groomer about the "Furminator Shedless Treatment." The Furminator Treatment is a combination of shampoo, conditioner, and special combs that remove all loose hair. You can then make an appointment and they will handle the mess for you! You can purchase the combs for yourself for around $30-$50, but you may give your dog brush burn if you don't know how to use them properly.



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

I dont know a lot about dogs, but there are all different breeds and they are all different. Whatever dog you hae, it might just do that naturally and he might just shed out a lot insence its really hot outside and its just his time of the season, but if he continues to lose hair like this you can do 1 of 2 things...



1. Rogane...just incase he goes bald.



or



2. take him to the vet and see if there is something you can do to keep him from losing hair.



good luck!



My dog losses too much hair. Is this OK ?

Dogs have two layers of coats so they lose twice as much fur. What you need to do is send him to a groomer or buy one of those new grooming brushes for him. Other than that your dog could have mange, (which is a skin rash that makes animal's fur fall out, due to excessive scratching) so you will need to check your vet for treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment