Monday, July 27, 2009

Dog hair.....?

Ok...so I moved in with my boyfriend. We got rid of his funiture and kept mine. Its a light tan, and very nice. Thing is, he has a black lab who is 7....and has always been allowed on the furniture. IT INFURIATES ME!! There is black dog hair all of it all of the time, and I can't keep her off! And with the weather warming up, she is shedding like crazy. All I keep thinking is "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Is there ANY way to teach her to stay off? Or something to spay on the couch that only dogs can smell?



Dog hair.....?

There are some sprays you can buy, but I don't know if they work or not. I have never tried them. There are also training aids that you put on the couch that I think gives them a little shock to let them know that it is not acceptable to be up there as well. Once again, I haven't used them either. Our dogs are allowed on our couch as well so we just brush them out about every day or two right now with the weather changing.



Dog hair.....?

Why not cover them with washable covers, and groom her more often to reduce the amount of hair lost?



Dog hair.....?

thats all we do we have a yello lab and a black furniture she dosnt stay off because we spoiled her as a puppy so just put some washable sheets on them or sumthing, grom ur dog more and ther is a brand of shampoo to keep dogs to shed less now...try it! :D



Dog hair.....?

There are sprays that are supposed to keep dogs off furniture, however I don't know how well they work. You best bet would be to keep her groomed and brush her daily. And learn to love her!



Dog hair.....?

well depending on how smart she is..you could re-train her!



every time she gets on the couch tell her no and put back on the ground..you could also get her her own bed or something she could lay on that feels just like the furniture you own!



good luck with this!



Dog hair.....?

I hate to break your bubble but if the dog has been allowed to do this since he/she has been a pup it will be really hard to knock them out of this habit. I would suggest just brushing her especially during season changes and deal w/it. I brush my dog every other day and he has a thin coat. Depending on how thick the coat is I would brush them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment